Join the American Council of the Blind for a conversation to learn how the built environment is becoming more accessible and independently navigable for people who are blind. In this session, ACB will host a conversation with representatives from Verizon Communications, Way Map, and Way Finder Family Services to share how technology developers, service providers, and the blindness community are collaborating to solve long-standing issues through the adoption of new technologies. We will discuss the latest innovations in way finding and navigation technology, learn how they are helping to meet the needs of people who are blind, and postulate how these services might be enhanced in the future. Here are helpful videos from Way Map
and Verizon / Way Map
describing their work.
- Zachary Bastien, Manager, Strategic Alliances, Verizon
- Eric Bridges, Executive Director, American Council of the Blind
- Allison Burdett, Associate Vice President, Visual Impairment and Developmental Disabilities Services, WayFinder Family Services
- Clark Rachfal, Director of Advocacy and Governmental Affairs, American Council of the Blind
- David Shaffer, Vice President and General Counsel, Waymap